La Esperanza Exhibit:
An Art Fund Raiser for San Jorge Children's Hospital in San Juan, Puerto Rico
We have all been impacted to some extent by the storms this hurricane season. The destruction in parts of Florida, Texas and the islands has brought home what might have been here, but for a jog. We all want to help those in need. TRA is creating an art related fundraiser for this December. La Esperanza Exhibit will be from December 3 through 17. We wanted to focus on children impacted by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, so proceeds will be donated to San Jorge Children’s Hospital in San Juan, PR.
Where, When and How?
Where? Tampa Regional Artist’s Old Hyde Park Art Center, 705 W. Swann Ave., Tampa, FL
When? Receiving – Friday and Saturday, December 1 & 2, noon to 3 PM. Please pick up unsold work on Monday, December 18, noon to 3 PM or make arrangements with one of the contacts below.
How? Come in with your ready to display artwork (and if required, pre-labeled or pre-tagged items) to the Old Hyde Park Art Center on one of the receiving days listed above, fill out some entry forms or an inventory sheet for us and you'll be good to go. (For more details see "Entry Requirements"). Artists will be asked to donate at least 50% of their proceeds to the benefit. We are not taking any entry fees or commissions on this fundraising exhibit.
- Artists can submit to more than one of the below categories. You can submit under the Hanged Art/Sculptures, browse bin items and other items, if you so choose just keep the category limits in mind.
- Please fill out entry/inventory forms for all work submitted.
- All items should be priced reasonably to sell so that we can raise money for the children's hospital (Think holiday shopping for a good cause!)
- If you would like images of your work included in promotions online and offline, please submit jpegs of your work (before you frame them) to email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to help San Jorge Children's Hospital!
Hanging Art and Sculptures
- Identification: At receiving, each art work must have an entry form filled out for it to be placed on the back of the work. Please send us the information from your entry forms so wall tags can be typed and printed prior to your arrival. This will help us receive and hang your work as efficiently as possible.
- Limit of 2 works per artist
- 2-D work must either be framed or finished on the sides (canvas only) and wired on the back so we can hang it, 3-D work will be displayed on a pedestal, table. If 3-D work is meant to be viewed on the wall, it must be wired for us to hang it.
- Art on traditional substrate – canvas, paper, board, etc – limited to 40” in any direction
- Art on reclaimed wood and plywood (or anything used to board up for a hurricane) and sculpture–limited to 36” in total – height/ width/ depth (see below for directions on how to get reclaimed wood)
- Hanged Artwork/Sculptures can be from another artist other than yourself (i.e. a deceased loved one who was an artist that gifted you some work and you'd like to give it a new home, or if you are dropping off artwork for someone else.) Just please note the artist that created the work on the entry forms. Please contact us if you are uncertain!
- Identification: each art work will have an entry form filled out for it to be placed on the back of the work. Please send us the information from your entry forms so wall tags can be typed and printed prior to your arrival. This will help us receive and hang your child's work as efficiently as possible.
- Limit of 3 works per child artist
- Sizing rules above apply
Browse Box Items and Cards
- Identification: Prior to receiving, multiple prints or each set of cards should have a label with the artist's name, title of the work and the price. (This will help us match sold items to an inventory per artist). Upon receiving, an inventory sheet must be filled out for all browse bin items/cards per artist
- Limit of 10 cards, prints in browse box per artist
- Other items, such as scarves, ornaments, bookmarks, jewelry etc may also be submitted. Please check with the information contacts listed below to make sure that your category of item may be included.
- Identification: Prior to receiving, multiple "other items" should each have a label/tag with the artist's name, title of the work (or description of item) and the price. (This will help us match sold items to an inventory per artist). Upon receiving, an inventory sheet must be filled out for all of these items per artist.
- If item is approved, limit is 5 of these items per artist
Obtaining Plywood and Reclaimed Wood
You are welcome to create new artwork for this show using reclaimed plywood/wood provided by the contacts below:
- Plywood – Madison Kenney has stockpiled plywood that artists can use as substrate. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813 470-9677.
- Reclaimed wood – Schiller Architectural & Design Salvage, 1002 No. Rome Ave., 443-4641, email - email@example.com, contacts Charlie Schiller, Steve or Heidi. They will have scraps available for artists, as well as larger pieces of reclaimed wood for sale. Young artists are particularly welcome.
Additional Events (during the Exhibit)
Hyde Park Preservation Inc. Home Tour December 3
Hyde Park Preservation Inc (HPPI) will be holding its annual Home Tour on December 3 from 1 to 4 PM. The focus will be on Fielding Ave (across the street) and the Old Hyde Park Art Center will be a featured stop on the tour. Typically the HPPI Home Tour draws between 700 and 800 attendees. Artwork will be for sale during the tour. This is a great opportunity to display your work to a very wide audience.
Holiday Card Making Reception December 14
TRA will be holding a Holiday Card Marking Reception on December 14th from 7 to 830 PM The reception will be open to the public, and free. There will be materials and instructions on how to make your own holiday cards using stamps, collage, inks and paints. Refreshments will be served. This should be a fun event giving all attendees a hands-on experience at making art.
For any other questions not addressed above please contact:
- Tina Belknap, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Durdin, 813-220-5800, email@example.com
- Cynthia Lizardi, firstname.lastname@example.org