About the Instructor:
Patricia Beebe was born in Tampa, FL where she still lives today with her husband David. She has been painting in watercolor since 1992. Since retiring from a career in Information Technology in 2011, she has devoted herself to further developing and fine-tuning her artistic expression. She travels the world seeking amazing wildlife encounters that inspire her art. Pat is active in the local art community and teaches watercolor techniques at the Life Enrichment Center.
Education: MS, University of South Florida
About the Workshop:
Pebeo Fantasy paints Prism and Moon self manipulate to create unique finishes. The variety of colors and the interesting textures that can be created is very exciting! These oil based paints can be combined with other products such as acrylics, Pebeo Vitrail or Pebeo Cerne Relief (used as a barrier for the fantasy paints). These paints can be used on a variety of surfaces including wood, canvas and Yupo. One typically does not use brushes with Pebeo, instead building your images with wooden sticks and pipets.
Supplies you'll need to bring:
- Yupo or mat board 9" x 12” (2 sheets)
- canvas, Yupo or mat board 11” x 14” or similiar size
- support board for putting the painted pieces on (1 or 2 since we will do several pieces)
- Pebeo vitral and Fantasy paints (moon and prism) There are kits of 12 paints for each kind. You may want to coordinate with a friend instead of buying both
- acrylic paints
- popsicles sticks
- tissue or paper towels
- cardboard box for carrying pieces home (so paint doesn’t drip in the car)
- optional: a copper or other metal piece (usually flat not a round object since the paint will drip), such as a saucer, flower display or necklace
***No need to bring brushes, they do not work well with Pebeo Fantasy paints***
Instructor will provide:
- Her Pebeo paints and some acrylics (not enough for everyone)
- gloves, popsicle sticks and pipettes for everyone.
- extra Yupo if anyone needs to buy some
- Mineral spirits for clean-up
You're welcome to bring a lunch for yourself or snack to share.
If you would like to signup for this workshop, please contact us via contact page and select Workshops under the subject or you may reach Mary Mirabal at 813-928-9124 or Patti Kenney at 813-340-9265.