About the Instructor:
Before the advent of digital photography Candy worked in a family business as a photographic artist which paved the way for her fine art career. The move to Florida in 2010 saw her career expand to new mediums. She studied under many experts in Acrylic, Mixed Media and Pastel. It was the influences of Flora Bowley and Joan Fullerton that led Candy to concentrate on intuitive painting and teaching. Candy teaches at the Dunedin Fine Art Center and the Life Enrichment Center. You can see her work online at www.CandySchultheis.com
About the Workshop:
There are many ways to paint intuitively. We are going to be working on 2 canvases at once using a limited palette. One will be created using Black, White, Blue, Green, Quinacridone Nickel AZO Gold and Quinacridone Magenta. The other canvas will replace the blue and green with Red and Yellow. You cannot make a mistake painting this way. It is opposite of everything we have learned so far on our artistic journeys.
$50 for TRA Members, $65 for Non-Members
Limited Palette Materials List
- At least 2 canvases, 24 x 24.
- Fluid Titanium White Acrylic
- Fluid Black Acrylic
- Titanium White Heavy Body Acrylic
- Fluid Quinacradone Nickel Azo Gold Acrylic
- Fluid Quinacradone Magenta Acrylic
- Any Blue, any Green for first painting. Any Red, any Yellow for second painting.
- We will need some small bristle brushes and some foam brushes that you get at the hardware store. Get the firm foam brushes, not the cheap ones.
- Acrylic Glazing Medium (This is optional. It’s very nice to have.)
- ther tools we will be using for stamping and mark making are pens, pencils, bottle caps, jar caps, bubble wrap, sponges, popsicle sticks, credit card or room key, small foam paint rollers , brayer, stencils and anything else you can think of that will make a mark.
- You will also need rags, paper towels, a large water spray bottle, freezer paper (for your palette) or palette paper, drop cloth or an old plastic table cloth and plastic gloves if you don’t want to get your fingers dirty,(we will be painting with them), or barrier cream. We will also need water jars.
You're welcome to bring a lunch or snack to share.