- Theme of this month is Faces and Figures: so any original work 2-D, 3-D and Photography that is figurative in nature or portraiture. Realism is not necessary so long as we can see the figures or faces in your work! We ask that it be tasteful as we do have children's classes at our center.
- Submitted work must have been made in the last 5 years. Work previously submitted in a TRA Show is fine so long as it has not won an award from TRA.
- Any work based on photographic references: Photos must be taken by you and not by someone else on the internet, magazine or another artist (yes, even with permission).
- Please have images of your work sent to Judy Milsaps at email@example.com so we can use it to promote on our social media feeds.
- Receiving will be at the Old Hyde Park Art Center from 12-3PM on Saturday and Sunday on the dates listed above.
- Need not be a TRA member or professional artist to enter. Students of all ages welcome to enter.
- Limit is 3 works of art per artist. If one piece is over 40" in either dimension, it will count as 2 entries and then the limit will be 2. For example, an artist can submit one 48" X 30" piece and one piece that measures 16" X 20". Please see flyer above for entry fees.
- Please bring in work ready to display hanged with a frame (or gallery wrapped canvas with painted sides) and wired tightly on the back or to be displayed on a pedestal.
- Entry forms need to be completed when you drop off your artwork.
- Work needs to be up for the duration of the show.
- Work needs to be listed for sale in order to be judged for awards. For sales, we take 20% commission. Artists receive 80% minus the sales tax we submit.
Judging for Awards/Reception:
- rtwork to be judged by artist Douglas Land and award winners will be notified prior to reception and given at the reception. Any award winners not able to attend will be mailed their award after the reception.
- All artists encouraged to attend the reception on Thursday January 11th at 7PM.
- Unsold work needs to be picked up on Saturday, February 3rd or Sunday, February 4th, 2018 from 12-3PM. If absolutely unable to pick up either day, please contact us. We do not have the space to store your work long term!
For any other questions, please contact us and we will get back to you.