- Theme of this month is Love: so any original work 2-D (painting, drawing, photography etc) and 3-D (ceramics, wood, etc.). Realism is not necessary so long as we can interpret love from your work! Whether it's between family, friends, animals, or has hearts or other items/symbols about love. We ask that it be tasteful as we do have children's classes at our center.
- Submitted work must have been made in the last 5 years. Work previously submitted in a TRA Show is fine so long as it has not won an award from TRA.
- Any work based on photographic references: Photos must be taken by you and not by someone else on the internet, magazine or another artist (yes, even with permission).
- Please send images of your works to Judy Milsaps at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can use it to promote on our social media feeds and website should it win an award!
- Receiving will be at the Old Hyde Park Art Center from 12-3PM on Saturday and Sunday on the dates listed above.
- Need not be a TRA member or professional artist to enter. Students of all ages welcome to enter.
- Limit is 3 works of art per artist. If one piece is over 40" in either dimension, it will count as 2 entries and then the limit will be 2. For example, an artist can submit one 48" X 30" piece and one piece that measures 16" X 20". Please see flyer above for entry fees.
- Please bring in work ready to display hanged with a frame (or gallery wrapped canvas with painted sides) and wired tightly on the back or to be displayed on a pedestal. If the wire is too long on the back (really loose) it will hang off of the wall with our hanging system.
- No Sawtooth hangers. Hanging artwork off those or the little triangles glued to the backing board can be difficult and flimsy and does not work with our system. (see image below)
- Entry forms need to be completed when you drop off your artwork.
- Work has to be up for the duration of the show.
- Work needs to be listed for sale in order to be judged for awards. For sales, we take 20% commission. Artists receive 80% minus the sales tax we submit.
Judging for Awards/Reception:
- Artwork will be judged for monetary awards and winners will be notified via email prior to reception and then given at the reception. Any award winners not able to attend will be mailed their award after the reception.
All artists encouraged to attend the reception on Thursday February 8th at 7PM.
- Unsold work needs to be picked up on Saturday, March 3rd or Sunday, March 4th, 2018 from 12-3PM. If absolutely unable to pick up either day, please contact us. We do not have the space to store your work long term!
For any other questions, please contact us and we will get back to you.