- Theme of this month is Forms, Lines and Colors: so any original work 2-D, 3-D and Photographic work that is abstract or abstract expressionist in nature, No Realism or Representational work. Otherworldly representational work can be submitted to our surrealistic show later in the year.
- Submitted work must have been made in the last 5 years. Work previously submitted in a TRA Show is fine so long as it has not won an award from TRA.
- Any work based on photographic references: Photos must be taken by you and not by someone else on the internet, magazine or another artist (yes, even with permission).
- Please have images of your work sent to Judy Milsaps at email@example.com so we can use it to promote on our social media feeds.
- Work needs to be up for the duration of the show.
- Receiving will be at the Old Hyde Park Art Center from 12-3PM on Saturday May 19th and Sunday May 20th.
- Need not be a TRA member or professional artist to enter. Students of all ages welcome to enter.
- Entry Fees: Current TRA Members pay 10 each or 3 for 25. Non-members pay 15 each or 3 for 40.
- Limit is 3 works of art per artist. If one piece is 41" or more in either dimension, it will count as 2 entries and then the limit will be 2. For example, an artist can submit one 48" X 30" piece and one piece that measures 16" X 20".
- Please bring in work ready to display hanged with a frame (or gallery wrapped canvas with painted sides) and wired tightly on the back or to be displayed on a pedestal.
- Entry forms need to be completed when you drop off your artwork.
- Work needs to be listed for sale in order to be judged for awards. For sales, we take 20% commission. Artists receive 80% minus the sales tax we submit.
Judging for Awards/Reception:
- Artwork to be judged by artist Nathan Beard and award winners will be notified prior to reception and given at the reception. Any award winners not able to attend will be mailed their award after the reception.
- All artists encouraged to attend the reception on Thursday June 14th at 7PM.
- Unsold work needs to be picked up on Saturday, June 16th or Sunday, June 17th, 2018 from 12-3PM. If absolutely unable to pick up either day, please let us know at receiving, or contact Cynthia Lizardi at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make arrangements for pickup. We do not have the space to safely store your work long term!
- Any work not claimed within a month of the show's ending date will become property of TRA.
For any other questions, please contact us and we will get back to you.